Topic: Heroes of the Storm

Heroes of the Storm

Hey friends, have you heard about "Blizzard DOTA" called Heroes of the Storm? It's like combining all Blizzard universes in one MOBA game. Doesn't look and play like DOTA at all. HOTS has a lot of different modes and maps and you don't need to buy different items for heroes, it makes game easier for new players. One interesting moment is that you have to buy heroes to play for them, Blizzard also add a pool of free heroes every week, so you can try anyone of them before buying. You can also buy different skins for heroes, level them up to unlock free ones and so on. 

All in all, I've spent a week with this game and I can say that it's worth playing at least if you are fan of ANY Blizzard's game or universe.

What do yo think about Heroes of the Storm?

Re: Heroes of the Storm

I, person who dislikes MOBAs, actually enjoyed it. It's cool to play with characters that I know and like from other games. I like the fact that I don't have to bother with buying things, I can just take my hero and fight. I always find it kinda stupid that in other MOBAs, soldiers going on war actually have to go buy things for they own money nomicons/tongue
Also objectives are cool. On some maps you don't even really have to bother about fight, you just do your missions (you know like on that garden nightmare map or pirate map) and after few times your game won itself.
Still I was kinda driven off this game because even there, community was infested by toxic players. You play for a first time, you don't know all mechanics and tactics, and yet people hate on you and call you names instead of saying what are you doing wrong. I want to chill not to hear some stupid kid insult me. But, maybe, one day I will go back to check how game looks now, I mostly played it when it was in beta.

On the other note - does anyone else find it funny that game that created this genre (AFAIK) is now a Valve product and some people think that HOTS is ripoff from DOTA 2 while it's DOTA 2 that was actually ripped off from Warcraft mod nomicons/tongue

Heard of it and played it. It's simplified to a point that all you do is run around in group and do objectives. There is no counter building, the strategy to win is practically the same - you stick to it you win, you can't make your team stick to it - you lose. Also for a game that is marketed as casual it's still pretty toxic.

DOTA2 is too complicated for me - I don't want to study 2 years just to start playing. LoL is just a radioactive toxic waste and since I play games to enjoy myself, I don't feel like being yelled at non stop by teenagers with hormonal issues or working grown-ups that offload all their workplace stress on other people there.

I found my middle ground in SMITE though nomicons/smile WSAD controls also helped nomicons/grin

If it requires battle.net then I won't play it.

It is a MOBA, but different compared to other MOBAs like Dota 2 or LoL. In here its mainly about capturing. But still a nice touch.

I was testing this game before, it's really nice but somehow i still love League of Legend or Dota 2 more !

7 (edited by wingyipfuji 2015-08-22 16:05:52)

It's very innovation for me because shared level mode and no need buy any item.
I think very good for play with friends =)

I think Dota 2 and LOL are better nomicons/smile

It's diferent than Dota and that "League of Something", it is good I recommend you to try it with friends.

This game is very beautiful and charming. High quality in all around. With all that heroes we so love. But there is lacking of good mechanic and much repetitive matches. No so much intresting and different styles and designs you can choose. So I prefer Doto but don't play MOBA frequently you know

Another MOBA that wants to claim league of legends throne XD

I've got 4 keys for this game and completely forgot about it, thanks for reminding me!

Finti wrote:

I've got 4 keys for this game and completely forgot about it, thanks for reminding me!

It's free now, everyone can play it right now without any keys, so you are a bit late. nomicons/grin

First , I will start by saying that i play every single game from Blizzard . I played " WOW"  for a while then got bored .. " Starcraft 2"  .. I lose a few good months of my life and again got bored . I did not played the games competitive , maybe that`s why .
When " Diablo 3"  hit the market :X Jesus .. i play that game from first day , Still playing it now ( Just finished Season 3 with a sweet 669 paragon ) .
" Hearthstone " was and it is one of my favorite card games . I play the game from beta ,even before the roll-back . I own almoust every card in the game except a few legendary cards . The game is just perfect to play cause it does not count what mood you are . The game is gonna help you get over it nomicons/smile or better .. improve it .

" Heroes of the Storm " .. Well I dont even know were to start . I play this one again from Aplha/Beta testers .. I have a few char. with ingame/curency and a few with real money . The game is FREE2PLAY .. But if you decide to trow some money to the game , It will improve quite a lot . I love playing the game but not 10/10 .. i would say a 7/10. STILL BEST GAME OF THIS GENDER OUT THERE .

dRaKdiViN

ogi.bera2 wrote:

I think Dota 2 and LOL are better nomicons/smile

same of 3C type but different of Dota2 and LOL, no need buy any item and some special mode !o!

Tried to play it with my friends...but meh, it's boring, Dota 2 is much more fun for us

I think League of Legends is better.

I'm playin it when i get bored of DotA and when its about 3 am

http://ultraimg.com/images/8e2f97de1da7.gif

I think I got a key for the game, but then I couldn't run it for a strange reason. But oh well, not too good in MOBA's anyway.

With Dota2 and LoL out there never had the interest nor got my attention to play HotS, any veteran players would like to share experiences on why is this a good game?

that seems good nomicons/grin

Oh... battle.net? Great, I'll totally play it (sarcasm).