Topic: What was your retro childhood made of?

Most of my childhood went along with my Sega Genesis (a.k.a. Mega Drive 2). I got my old one dying out when I was around 12, but I asked for a new one for my 18th birthday! Now I do still have it even though I really rarely get on TV to play it anymore.

What I've enjoyed the most was, however, still one of my top favorites in retro gaming, Streets of Rage 2, followed up by Ghostbusters!

What was your childhood like?

http://puu.sh/jKwEe/0dc967e234.jpg

http://orig15.deviantart.net/f879/f/2013/326/3/f/3f777cc306b9771677b0998b1ac3ae16-d6v7e1l.png

Re: What was your retro childhood made of?

My first game in my childhood was DOOM and DOOM II.  I was like 5 years old at that time. And yeah, I've never had any consoles. So, DOOM was my first and the most memorable game of all times, it's great, still hope that new DOOM will be great.

My first game was Medal of Honor on PS 1. It was a great game I recently played it already on the PSP.

4 (edited by fantredath 2015-08-23 09:04:26)

I had a Genesis, I also had a Dreamcast. Sadly SEGA was'nt very good with the timing of the release of their Consoles. T.T

My 1st game had to be Super Mario Bros.

Does old PCs count? ;)

For consoles it would be PSOne and GameBoy pocket. Gameboy was first, and my very first game was Ships! (or something like that). it was basically the same game where you try say thing like "A5" and your friend is like "lol, you missed. I fire at D3". As a little boy I was disappointed when I realize what I asked my dad to buy for me, but it had a dank cover :P

PSOne was present from my sister, which come with few games. I really enjoyed titles like Tekken3 and some boxing game from EA. It had a nice career mode, player customization, entrance songs, you even could play some classic matches with masters like Muhammad Ali. I could go on and on, I had few games and I enjoyed all of them :D

My childhood...
In 7 years NES
In 9 years SEGA Mega Drive 2
In 15 or 16 years weak PC with various emulators
In 17 years playstation 2.

My first game was Super mario bros on NES (ehh old days)

8 (edited by HyperRed 2015-08-27 06:02:05)

My SEGA (Sonic) and GameBoy (Pokemon) were my childhood.

Old good NES and Megadrive 2 were the best consoles in 90th

IBM compatible PC with glorious 640 KB RAM and 20 MB Harddisk playing Leisure Suit Larry with Hercules monochrome graphics card.

http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198167772276.png

11 (edited by ChrisTop47 2015-08-30 21:36:38)

Crash bandicoot 1 2 3
Dino crisis
Tony hawks pro skater 4
Crash Bash
Duke Nukem Time to kill
Medievil 1&2
Croc 2
Jinx
Resident evil
Spyro the Dragon

And some others that i dont remember now!

Oh, I've started my gaming career from ZX spectrum. Then it was NES, Sega, PS1, PC.