Topic: Building a new pc

Hi there!, I want to get a new PC and build it myself, can you guys give an advise of what GPU, CPU, RAM, etc should I get?
I have a budged of about $900

Re: Building a new pc

We need more information. Like where are you from and what exactly you need. All devices and preferences.

You can try to build it online but if you want us to help out, be more specific nomicons/smile like, do you prefer nVidia/intel/amd etc. Also you should definitely get a good motherboard and PSU to allow future upgrades.

RAM - 8 GB or more
CPU - Skylake
GPU - GTX 970 or better

my spec for you:
Main: H97 or Z97 MSI or (Gigabye G1 Sniper)
Cpu: core i5-4460
RAM 8G DDR3 ( Corsair is good )
VGA: GTX970 ( or R9 280X - R9 290 - R9 390(this is new) if you like AMD more )
PSU: 550W ( Corsair is good )
case: up to you
that all, depend on your country the price will be different !!!

I'd advise you checking out PCPartPicker, with a little information if you have, you can build yourself one, or if you rather not, you can check the user built ones with their community reviews, too.

http://orig15.deviantart.net/f879/f/2013/326/3/f/3f777cc306b9771677b0998b1ac3ae16-d6v7e1l.png

CPU socket 1151 is in-sales now, but i don't have list for 1151

here is CPU socket 1150, just bought it to my friend around one month.

CPU   Intel 4 Cores 4 Threads Core i5-4460 Haswell Refresh
Motherboard   GIGABYTE  GA-B85M-Gaming 3 B85,DDR3,LGA 1150,USB3.0,SATA3 6Gb/s,M.ATX M/B
RAM   KLEVV DDR3 2x8GB Value Series 1600Mhz CL9
Display card   GIGABYTE GV-N970WF3OC-4GD GTX970 4GB GDDR5 OC WindForce 3X 
Case   up-to-you
PSU   Antec VPF550 550W Bronze
HDD   WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB SATA3 6Gb/s /64MB HDD
SSD   ADATA Premier Pro SP920 256GB 2.5" SATA3 ASP920SS3-256GM-C SSD 7mm

one question, what game you want to play for build up this PC?

"Dragoneit"

First when you decide to buy a new computer .. First question you should put yourself is for what are you gonna use it ?!
It depends so much about this .. cause if you want a workstation computer the price can go between 500 - 2000 $ Even more ..
If you want a GAMING PC ... It depends again on what resolution you want to play .. what settings you want to run your games low/medium/ultra .. You will pay a lot pf money on a VideoCard / GPU .
Reply and I will leave you a Configuration .

dRaKdiViN

ty for your answers.

The PC is for gamming and work (mostly Excel, AutoCAD and some structural analysis software)

I don't need a super ultra hight end PC but I want to play the latest games at least in hight settings and 60FPS

Reddit /buildapc community is very helpful with these inquires, have a look at the guides on the right column and all its different related reddits!

Intel processor with 4 core and a 4GB videocard, 8GB ram or better.